People having flat feet have either little or no arches on their feet, and it completely presses flat against the ground. There is nothing to worry about this condition. However, sometimes many people feel pain in their lower legs, thighs, back, ankles and hips.
What are the Reasons for Flat Feet
- It is also caused by inflammation and stretching of the connective tissue in the foot –which possibly is a result of obesity, increasing age, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- The main reason why flat feet are caused is due to the improper formation of bones of feet in the womb.
- It can also be caused as a consequence of loose connective tissue all through the body just like in joint hypermobility syndrome.
Important Tips to Consider for Treatment of Flat Feet
- It is necessary to seek medical advice in the case when the feet are very painful even after wearing well-fitting supportive shoes and when feet come into view to be getting flattered.
- There are non-surgical treatments that can be followed to treat this condition and that are safe. It is necessary to wear shoes that fit well and are very supportive.
- You can take painkillers in case of any discomfort, and it is very necessary to shed extra pounds of your body to be free from pain caused due to flat feet.
- These treatments provide immense relief from pain, but they do not change the shape of your feet.
- It is very necessary that this condition is treated in case you have a related pain such as overpronation.